Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Movie Quiz

I saw this on another blog I was reading and thought I'd post my answers here. These things are surprisingly hard, aren't they? You know you have perfectly good answers until you need them.

1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
How about two? My Fair Lady & Young Frankenstein

2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Narnia - once alone and once with the family.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
John Cusack & Hugh Jackman

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
Leonardo DiCaprio. Yes, seriously.

5. Name a movie you can and do quote from.
Name one that I don’t! LOL Erm, Young Frankenstein and Better Off Dead

6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
My Fair Lady

7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.
Lots of them, for variety let’s say Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
Narnia. That movie rocked.

9. Name a movie you own.
Serentiy – Can’t stop the signal, baby!

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Steve Martin, Tom Hanks & Michael Keaton - I remember their stand-up routines (I've got Steve Martin's routines permanently etched on my brain.)

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Sound of Music (I was 4) and the last one I saw was Beverly Hills Cop

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Yes.

13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet.
This is freakishly hard. There are a bazillion of them since most of the movies I see are kids movies. Hmmm, Sin City

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
You know? I did, but I’ve burned it out of my memory and I have no idea what it was. Probably a real blessing. – Oh well, question # 21 reminded me of what it was. Pink Floyd – The Wall. And yes, it was a blessing not to remember, darn it.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Bridge to Tarabithia – I really should have known better. Award. Winning. Children’s. Novel. Always, always a tearjerker. Of course, I cry for anything: happy, sad, you name it.

16. Popcorn?
Only if the kids are with me.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? However often a new kids movie is out. Sometimes more often if I get a break at work and can work in a cool comic book type movie, or something else that the kids probably can’t see. Yes. I LOVE the big comic book action things – I’m in it for the special effects and entertainment value. This summer is going to be HUGE for movies, I don't know how I'll keep up...

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Meet the Robinsons I really liked it!

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
It really depends upon my mood. My least favorite is easier. I’m not crazy about manipulative dramas. I cry at the drop of a hat, I don’t need to pay money for a badly written movie drama that will make me cry.

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Gone with the Wind. I don’t remember the movie so much as the fact that we got an intermission and hung out in the lobby for a while. ( I was very young.)

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Pink Floyd The Wall

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
I’ll say Pulp Fiction, although I feel like I’m missing something that is even more odd that I enjoyed.

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
28 Days Later, 4 feet from the TV with headphones on. Dude, any scary movie with headphones on has got to be the scariest. The sequel looks really good, I love Robert Carlyle, but I really don't know if I could do it again. (Which means I'll rent it someday.)

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
This is hard because it depends so much upon my mood at the time. A couple that are funny no matter how many times I’ve seen them are Return of the Pink Panther, Better Off Dead, Young Frankenstein and High Anxiety. There may be better choices for me on this one, but I just can’t think of them right now.

No comments: