Thursday, August 31, 2006

One down...

Well, I managed to finish up the scarf! Yippee! It is Great Adirondack Fluff colorway Onyx. I can't find a link to that color, I will add a photo later for this post. No time this week for pics, sorry. I picked up some black Baby Grande Alpaca (Plymouth Yarns) for a hat, I'm thinking I might try to add some cables. I've never tried it though, so I'll have to think on it some more. (I know it can be done & I'm sure I've seen patterns, but I've not seen any for yarn this chunky.) That should take care of the first student. I have about two weeks to get the hat done, so barring complications, I'll get her gift(s) ready before she heads off to school (from Oklahoma, to Seattle, and now off to University of Nottingham!).

I've been piling through patterns for gloves now. I've got until mid-December to get these done, but I'd prefer to complete them much, much sooner than that. So, I know I want something bigger than sock yarn! He's a lively one too, he wants grey gloves. Yep. Exciting, isn't it? I'm just hoping the gloves aren't too hard. I'm starting classes soon (and full-time work & two children & husband & ...), I don't want to take on too much. Ha! Too late, right?

No comments: