Monday, August 28, 2006

Midway Madness

I took the girls to the fair this weekend. We've never been before & so they were very excited about the whole thing. We managed to see every animal on display, including bees, and they had a wonderful time. I'd like to thank all of the animals for putting on a good show by making lots of noise in addition to just looking so darned cute. A special shout out to the roosters who felt the need to crow non-stop, the dairy cows for considerable mooing and the cow standing with her front feet in the feeding trough. The girls were highly entertained.

We saw a few angora goats being judged and the girls allowed me a whole five minutes at the spinners booth. I picked up some info for the local spinning groups, meeting times, etc., and I hope to be able to drop in from time to time. We'll see. My life just keeps getting busier & busier despite my attempts to simplify. I have no idea how that works, but there it is.

Lastly, on the way out, my oldest (6) wanted to try a few of the games on the midway. I let her use her money (birthdays, etc.) and that little beast managed to win at three different games! She one a gigantic CareBear (Funshine in case anyone cares), a smaller CareBear (a Christmas one) and (the most prized win of all) a goldfish. Goldie now resides on our dining table having recovered, or so it seems, from her trip in the car. My oldest, in a moment of awesome big sister-ness, gave the smaller CareBear to her little sister. Little Sister did not want to try any games, but was feeling a bit left out. This was an incredible act of generosity and kindness & touched my motherly heart. Of course, five minutes later we were in full Exhuasted Grumpy Child mode (both of them).

All in all, a good day at the fair.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog! It's been really encouraging to have so many kind comments after my encounter with the man who drove into my car!