Friday, February 29, 2008

Bloody Stupid

... hat. You know, I really thought I understood charts. No, really. I've knit from a chart before, Intarsia & Illusion, and they turned out just fine. While I may have struggled a bit with technique, but there was no indication that I was doing something wrong or backwards or even upside-down.

However, this hat is apparently beyond my abilities to fathom. It seems I have misread the chart from the very beginning & my RS rows are supposed to be WS rows. Now that I'm on Chart B, it has become apparent there is a problem. I think that if I just go on as I have been it may not look exactly like anyone else's hat, but it will look fine because the whole thing will have been done a little off.

Frustrating, but appropriate for a BS Johnson invention. I'm still trying to sort out exactly what I did so that I can avoid doing it in the future. It seems to be a little more than my brain currently wants to sort at this time, so it may be a while before I can find peace on this one. In the meantime, I will continue onward and see what I get in the end. As long as it fits, it will be just fine. I really love this blue!

Oh, Happy Leap Day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I clicked on the photo to see it bigger, and it really is a handsome piece of work, wrong or not! Much more complicated than anything I've done yet....