Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The shawl


The shawl is moving along nicely. (Please pardon the photo, my 7 y.o. took it and decided to include the Dora blanket scrunched up in the back.) I need about 28 rows to complete it and then it will be down to adding the fringe. Somehow I think the fringe will be the harder part, but maybe not. I just haven't done it before. The shawl has gone pretty quickly, but I really hate knitting into the front and the back on the first stitch. The ladder yarn is a pain to pick up that way.

I still haven't made any decisions or committments on the blue sweater. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself, but at the same time, I'm still feeling relaxed about the whole thing. This leads me to believe the quiet part of my head is going to make a big push for ripping the whole darned thing and staring over again, possibly with a different pattern. >sigh< Never trust the quiet part of the brain, right? I won't worry yet. I'm just going to finish the shawl, maybe work on felted slippers for the girls and let it slide for a bit. I wanted it this summer, but not if the 'challenges' of making it fit are rushed and make me hate it instead. I'd rather work at it at a comfortable pace and not stress about a completion date.

I'm also trying to decide what 'big' project will come next. I could just do small things, maybe even gifts for Christmas! Though I really don't want to start stressing about what I'm working on that much. I gave up on being a single project knitter, but I'm still trying to avoid being a panicked Christmas knitter. I'd rather not give knitted gifts than get myself in that groove. We'll see how that goes. Anyway, a cardi for Himself or a sweater for the youngest DD. Hmmm. I guess I'd better see if DD still likes the yarn she picked out last year. LOL Perhaps I'll start there.

No comments: