Friday, July 20, 2007

Can I please sit down?

Well, it has been another long week of rushing around for no good reason. Or it sure feels that way. I can honestly say that last night was the first time I've been home early enough to do anything before going to bed in about a week. And, of course, as a mom "do anything" means sit down for about 5 minutes just because I want to. As a result of the hectic week, I'm a bit out of sorts today. Sorry.

I spent my sitting time finishing a book with the girls, How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell. It was a fun little book, and the girls are looking forward to further adventures with Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. I'm not sure what we'll read next and it may be a while before we get back to Hiccup. (I've got to figure out how I'm going to get Book 7 read this weekend!) I've started reading with them while they are in the bath/shower. That way, we always get some reading done each day.

I've got the first sleeve cast on and it is going well. This part should go pretty quickly, though I seem to be getting very impatient now that I'm almost finished with the blue sweater. There are fewer stitches in one round of a sleeve than in one round of the body, so it really should move right along. My brain, however, seems to think that it will take a bazillion years at a minimum. It would help if I could stop being so darned busy at work and actually get more knitting done at lunch.

I've been watching some movies with my knitting (on the days I actually get to work in a lunch). This past week I've seen Cold Comfort Farm, Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle and Sin City. I'm thinking The Lion In Winter is next, unless I get distracted today.
Kind of all over the place, huh? Surprisingly, the one I liked the least, if I had to pick one, would be Mrs. Parker. Outstanding cast, and very interesting, but kind of depressing and her voice drove me nuts (though it probably was based on how she actually sounded). I tend to just wander into the video room and browse the shelves. Sometimes I watch a bunch of new educational videos, sometimes culinary, I just never know what I'll pick. It is nice having such a big collection to choose from. (Especially one I didn't have to pay for. - ha!)

No comments: