Monday, March 10, 2008

Nearly there

The BS Johnson hat is nearly complete! Woo-hoo! I have really enjoyed the challenge of the hat, but I will be extremely happy when it is done. I'm down to the decreases at the crown of the hat, and I'm about halfway through those. I found that I did a M1 either in the pick-up row after the cables, or in the first row after that, so I have 1 tiny little hole to fix, and then I'll be done!

I'm very glad since this means the hat will be done by the time I have surgery. No lingering project in its latter stages waiting forever to be finished. That makes me happy. The Harry Potter scarf is no where near finished, so I won't mind all that much if it is sitting on the needles waiting for me. Does that make sense?

It does leave me in a bit of a quandary over what to do after the hat. Presumably I will finish the hat and still have some days (week+) left in which to knit. Of course, I could just start reading, but I'd sort of like to maximize my knitting days before I have to give it up for weeks on end. I supposed I should just dedicate myself to the scarf, but being contrary and all, I'm itching to do something new. sigh How ridiculous can I get? A new project would just be something else to pout about later when it is sitting there on the needles staring at me...

Well, anyway, I'll have pictures up as soon as I can of the finished hat. By then I should have myself sorted out regarding any nonsense about a new project that I have no hope of finishing before surgery. Hmmm. It seems to me that there is a washrag lying around half done. I should probably find that and make do.

Work continues at a slow, and yet fast, pace. I'm trying to get folks trained for when I'm gone, but I don't think it is going to work really. My boss is pretty much hopeless, and the other one, who normally jumps in and takes on things that aren't hers to do in the first place, doesn't seem all that inclined to get with the program, so to speak. Well, 9 more work days and it won't be my problem anymore. I've got lots of weird hours ahead of me as well, since I'm trying to work in the physical therapy as well. Therapists don't seem to be available when I am, so I'm having to leave work early several days before I'm gone to accommodate the sessions. I feel bad about missing the extra work, but it can't be helped. All it really means is that there is less time for training the others. (Who seem to be resisting the training.)

Oh well, not my problem, I guess. Wow. That feels good!

No comments: