Spent a bit more time last week painting the entry. The final color does not really match the little paint card I was choosing from, and is much darker than the wet paint. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it, which I think means I need to repaint. I think my waffling on the final color is because I don't want to repaint that space. But, it was easier than I thought, though it did take all day, and if knitting has taught me anything, it is that it is worth the time to do things right.
So, I'm thinking I'll get some paint samples, and put those on the wall before making any additional decisions. It is a nice color, don't get me wrong, but it is a bit dark (or is that deep?) for the area, at least darker than I intended, and what I put in this space will determine what I use in the rest of the living area (the walls all run together). I really need to make sure I am happy with this choice before I can move forward. I really need to move forward before the rain/clouds comes back to stay. I really don't need to get paralyzed by indecision. lol
Speaking of taking the time to do things right, I just ripped a couple of inches out of the sweater. Again. At least I'm only at the shoulders, not starting all over again. lol This time, I've second-guessed myself silly over the sleeves. There's a provisional cast-on, but it does not say to use waste yarn, nor does it say anywhere in the pattern to pull out the waste yarn and pick up the live stitches and keep knitting. I decided that since all my other patterns have been more specific, maybe the designer didn't mean that, and that I should do something more creative. After a few inches, and more thought, I realized that the designer probably expected that I would just know that a provisional cast on should always be done in waste yarn, or something like that, and I was a doofus for trying to make it more complicated. So, it is ripped, provisional cast on with waste yarn is done, I just need to get back to the knitting part. I didn't realize the lengths I'd be willing to go to in order to avoid weaving in extra ends! Because, that's pretty much the reason I got all creative with it.
We helped a friend today by babysitting her two-year old. Wow. I'd forgotten how very busy they are. lol The girls played with her all morning, and after her (too short) nap. We got up extra early today, however, and I haven't been sleeping very well. I'm exhausted! I'm also rather surprised that ripping went so well on the sweater.