Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy birthday to me!

Wow. You know my favorite thing about my birthday? I get to go to work! (Yes, that is a joke.) My birthday always coincides with the beginning of the term at school. Such fun!

I'm sorry, it isn't really that bad, it just seems like a lame present, doesn't it? OTOH, there was a little snow this morning during my commute. That was nice. (since it didn't mess up traffic!) I like watching it snow & I had my peppermint hot chocolate with me. YUM!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas & Happy New Year. My family had a pleasant time together and we avoided any drama. Well, as much as we can with the 5 & 7 year olds in the house.

My leg continues to mend nicely (as far as I can tell) and I am now able to put my full weight on it when I walk. I'm still using crutches with it, but it is much easier now. There's still swelling when I remove the boot, but it is usually gone by morning. The most painful thing about my leg is the stiffness from lack of movement. I'm doing my exercises, like writing the alphabet with my big toe, and it is slowly getting better. I was a bit surprised how much the Primitive Brain influences behavior. When I could increase the weight I could put on my foot, my body pretty much refused to go there. It has taken some intense deliberate thought to get it going, but I'm making progress. Slowly. The patience & tolerance I think I've had through this deal is starting to fade. I hoping I am nearing the end of the bigger boot/cast thing & that I will soon just be back to my own naked leg, as it were.

I've gotten some knitting done over the holidays. I finished the hat/scarf for DD#2 and I designed and knit an Intarsia square for a Pratchghan. The Pratchett group on Ravelry is knitting up squares for an afghan to send Pterry. This is my 2nd Intarsia attempt, and after ripping it 4 or 5 times, I'm pleased with the result. Except, I have come up with another idea for a square. So I may just finish this one off, just in case, then try my hand at the other design, if I can work out the details, and then decide which square to send. I have until the end of January to get it done. It is due Feb 29th, but it is going to England, so I figure I need to allow the postal service plenty of time to get it there.

Still, just one example of how Ravelry isn't just about eating up my computer time. It is about pushing me to try something new! LOL That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

It is good to be back. I'll make with the photos when time permits.

No comments: